Facebook has become dominant in the social media spectrum. As of December 2016, Facebook has 1.79 billion monthly, active users. 1.18 billion people log in daily as of September 2016. 5 new profiles are created every second. Average time spent per visit to Facebook is 20 minutes. So what do all these stats mean? Facebook is too big to not take advantage of the market. 1.18 billion DAILY active users, that’s insane. You have the ability to reach millions and millions of people every day on facebook. Although, the potential is there, it can be hard to know how to really exploit these opportunities.
Marketing on Facebook doesn’t have to be hard. Here are a few things you can do to get started.
- First make a business profile, make it clearly know what you do and what your business is.
- Start using Facebook ads. It has become a “pay to play” platform, but like any advertising, it does cost money, you should have this in your budget.
- Drive people from your website to your Facebook page by adding a social media icon.
- Let your email users know you are now on Facebook by adding it to your signature.
- Hold contests, get creative and collaborate with others in your niche and create something big.
- Schedule your statuses and have them go out during prime time for engagement.
- Engage, engage, engage. Engage with your audience and your ideal customers.
Marketing on Facebook is the most important social media to market on, so if you only choose one, it should be Facebook (although, I would take advantage of all social media platforms).
Source for stats: https://zephoria.com/top-15-valuable-facebook-statistics/
Author: Elizabeth Pampalone
The Queen of Networking, 5 businesses, countless meetup groups, and 10 years in business. Elizabeth loves inspiring small business owners to take charge of their own marketing. Elizabeth became a customer experience specialist because she believes it is paramount to the conversion of each client!
Email me! ~ Elizabeth@pampalone.me